All Nations Navigate to All Nations Home

Gift Aid Information

Your Donation

When you donate online to All Nations, you are asked to declare whether you would like us to claim Gift Aid. This will be either by ticking a Gift Aid box, by completing Gift Aid Form or by saying 'yes' to a Gift Aid question. If you donate by telephone we will write to you to confirm this declaration. We are legally obliged to do so in support of our claim.

If you Donate directly into our Bank Account, by Cheque or by Standing Order you will need to complete a manual Gift Aid Declaration.

What is Gift Aid?

Gift Aid allows us to claim an extra 25% on top of your donation from HM Revenue & Customs. This means that for every £1 you donate, All Nations can claim an extra 25p directly from the Government.

Does my donation qualify for Gift Aid?

To qualify for Gift Aid, what you pay in Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax for each tax year (6 April to 5 April) must at least equal the amount of tax that all the charities (or Community Amateur Sports Clubs) you donate to will reclaim on your gifts for that tax year. Other taxes such as VAT and Council Tax do not qualify.

For example, If you plan to donate £1000 to different charities over the tax year you need to be sure that you have or will pay at least 25% of £1000 = £250 in Income or Capital Gains Tax in the same tax year.

How much will it be worth? 

You can calculate the amount of tax we would roughly claim back by using the following equation:
0.25 x £ Your donation
(e.g.1) 0.25 x £10.00 = £2.50
( e.g.2) 0.25 x £20.00 = £5.00

Benefits to higher and additional rate tax-payers

All Nations will reclaim the tax on your donation only at the basic rate. If you pay Income Tax at the higher or additional rate and want to receive the additional tax relief due to you, you must include all your Gift Aid donations on your Self Assessment tax return or ask HM Revenue & Customs to adjust your tax code.

Can I count tax paid on my dividend income? 

Yes. Tax credits on dividend income can be used to cover tax reclaimed by All Nations.

What about tax deducted from my savings? 

If tax is deducted from bank or building society interest you receive, you can use that to cover the tax on the donation, provided you have not reclaimed it. If you have reclaimed that tax, then you must not use it to cover the tax on your gift.

Why do I need to make a declaration? 

The declaration is our authority to reclaim tax from HM Revenue & Customs on your donation. By giving the declaration you are confirming that you understand this.

Can I withdraw a declaration? 

If, for any reason, you decide that your donation should not be Gift Aided, you have 30 days from
the date of the written record to tell us to withdraw it.

What if I am NOT a UK taxpayer? 

The Gift Aid scheme is unique to the UK. If you are not a UK taxpayer, you can still make a donation, but your donation will not attract the 25% tax 'bonus'.

Can I cancel my gift aid declaration for future gifts? 

Yes. Please let the Finance department know as soon as your gift aid declaration is no longer valid (e.g. because you no longer pay sufficient tax).

What if I move house or change my name? 

If we already have a gift aid declaration on file for you, and you move house or change your name, then please tell the Finance Department what your new address/name is, we will need to update our records.

Contact our Finance Department here.