All Nations Navigate to All Nations Home

Visa Guidance

Please note that the information on our website is for guidance only - you should always check the UKVI websites for the latest information.

General Visa Guidance

From 1 January 2021 several notable changes were made to the UK visa system, including:

     - Changes to the rules governing European students
     - Passports
now need to be valid for the whole of your intended stay.
     - Changes to the names and purpose of the various visas covering study in the UK:

i) The Short-Term Student Visa will now only apply for those taking an English Language course and cannot therefore be used for those wishing to study at ANCC.

ii) The Standard Visitor Visa will now be required by those taking a course lasting less than 6 months unless you are from a country which exempts you from this visa. However, even those who do not require a visa must follow visitor immigration rules. See here

iii) The former Tier 4 visa has been replaced by the Student Visa for those wishing to study on a programme lasting more than 6 months e.g. our Certificate, Diploma and Undergraduate or Postgraduate degree programmes.

From 1st January 2021 the rules changed concerning who needs a visa to study in the UK. If you need a visa, there are different types depending on how long your programme of study lasts (more or less than 6 months).

To find out if you need a visa to study in the UK, this link is helpful.

See here for full details on the EU settlement scheme. In brief, with settled or pre-settled status you will be able to:

     - work in the UK
     - use the NHS for free, if you had that right when you applied for settlement
     - enrol in education or study in the UK
     - access public funds such as benefits and pensions, if you are eligible for them
     - travel in and out of the UK

This does not apply to those who applied for settlement after 31st December 2020

You may need a Standard Visitor Visa if you are studying for less than 6 months for example, on:

     - One of our residential En Route courses (En Route and Express). 
     - One of our other short courses e.g. Engaging with Islam, Arts for a Better Future etc
     - One of our Advanced Short Courses.
     - On an intensive residential module which is part of one of our degree programmes (only possible if you are a distance learner).

You may need a Student Visa if you are studying for 6 months or more, for example, on one of our undergraduate or postgraduate Open University validated programmes, for example:

     - Cert (HE).
     - Dip (HE).
     - BA (Hons).
     - Any of our Postgraduate awards.

Please note: It is not possible to get a Student Visa if you are studying on any of the College’s own awards (ANCC Certificate and ANCC Diploma).

Given the recent major changes to UKVI visa regulations due to COVID and BREXIT, please follow the links below for the most up-to-date information. 

Our Admissions Team: The Admissions department of your chosen programme of study will be pleased to discuss the Confirmation of Acceptance of Study (CAS) documentation requirements which is necessary for a Student Visa application, but you are ultimately responsible for making sure you have met all the UKVI requirements before making your visa application. For example, it is very important that you know when you can apply, all of the costs involved (including health surcharge), what tests you should have taken (English language, TB), what documentation you need (qualification certificates, proof of funding) and are able to meet these requirements in time to make your visa application at the right time. Given that applying for a visa can be a lengthy process, you will want to make your application as early as possible to avoid the risk of being unable to start your programme of study as planned. 

The British Government website provides lots of helpful information:

     - General information about applying for a visa can be found here.
     - Student Visa information can be found here.
     - Standard Visitor Visa information can be found here
     - European students will find this site useful too.

Other useful websites: Information on studying in the UK for all international students can also be found at:


Visa Information

Check if you need a UK visa

Check if you are a Visa National

About the EU Settlement Scheme

General UK Gov visa information

The Student Visa

The Student Visa Casework Guidance

Standard Visitor Visa

Visitor Casework Guidance

Visiting as an EU citizen

Introduction to Points based immigration system for EU students

Find a visa application centre

Visa fees

Advice for UK Visa applicants and Temporary UK residents

TB Screening

Biometric Residence Permits

Immigration Health Surcharge

UG and PG Eligibility Criteria (English Language requirements etc)
ANCC Admissions Policy

English Language SELT tests

OANDA currency website

E Gates


Hear about our news, activities and appeals by email

Thanks so much for choosing to stay in touch with All Nations. We promise to never pass your details on to other organisations for marketing purposes.