This guidance is very important as the College may not be able to fully enrol you if you do not present us with your documentation at the start of your programme. If you are a residential student you must make sure to bring the following documentation with you at the start of your programme of study:

  1. The completed enrolment form, which was sent to you with the pre-commencement information.
  2. Evidence of identity and nationality (EEA (including UK) and Swiss nationals OR Evidence of personal ID and immigration permission (non-EU/EEA nationals)
  3. Original certificate proving your academic qualifications*
  4. If relevant, financial notification from Student Finance or the Student Loans Company (not your payment schedule letter).

*If you are unable to produce an original certificate, you will have until 14th October to do so. In the meantime you will only be offered temporary enrolment (see bottom of page to understand the implications).

FDL/Online Students

If you are studying remotely you must provide the College with an ORIGINAL document indicating proof of your prior academic qualification before the start of your programme. You will also be required to complete an enrolment form.

Please see here for further information about the documentation required:

Evidence of identity and nationality - EEA (including UK) and Swiss nationals

Update (August 2020). Britain officially leaves the European Union on 31st December. European Students will be able to enrol on a programme of study with us from September 2020 but after 31st December they will need to have either settlement or pre-settlement status or have a visa to live and study in the UK. More information can be found here. We advise all European students to apply for pre-settlement status as soon as possible after starting their programme of study, which can be found here.

If you are a European Economic Area (including the UK) or Swiss national, you must show your valid passport.

Evidence of personal ID and immigration permission (Non-EU/EEA nationals)

If you are not an EEA or Swiss national, you will need to provide evidence of your identity and that your immigration status allows you to undertake your studies at All Nations. You must show original copies of all of the following:

  • a valid passport with a valid immigration sticker, stamp or certificate in your passport; or a valid biometric identity document confirming your status (such as a Biometric Residence Permit, Residence Card or an Asylum Registration Card 
  • evidence of the date that you arrived in the UK:
  • if you entered using an e-gate or via the Republic of Ireland you will need to bring your flight ticket/boarding pass (original, print at home or mobile); or
  • if you did not enter using an e-gate and did not enter via the Republic of Ireland, you can show the UK Immigration Officer's stamp in your passport.

If you are the family member of an EEA or Swiss national exercising a treaty right in the UK and you do not have a valid EEA/Swiss family permit sticker in your passport or a valid residence card, you can provide other evidence that your family member is exercising a treaty right and evidence of your relationship with them. For example, if your family member is your spouse and they are exercising a treaty right as a worker in the UK, you could provide a copy of your marriage certificate and your spouse's recent payslips. 

If you have submitted an immigration application, an asylum application or an application for a document confirming your status as an EEA or Swiss national or that you are exempt from immigration control and you have not yet received a decision, please provide us with the most recent evidence of your immigration status (even if this has now expired) and:

  • For applications submitted online: a copy of your 'Document Checklist'
  • For paper applications submitted by post: a copy of the letter from the UK government confirming receipt of your application and evidence of the data you posted your application to the government (e.g. your receipt from the Post Office)

Original evidence of your academic qualifications

If you have not already provided us with either a verifiable, colour copy of the required original qualification certificates, you may be required to bring the originals along to your enrolment session. Whether you need to bring original documents and what documents we need to see at enrolment will be communicated to you through the pre-enrolment process.

If your qualifications are not in English, the original must be accompanied by a fully certified translation by a professional translator/translation company. This translation must include:

  • details of the translator/translation company's credentials; and
  • confirmation that it is an accurate translation of the original document; and
  • the translator/translation company's contact details

It must also be dated and include the original signature of the translator or an authorized official of the translation company.

If you have not yet been issued your certificates at the time of enrolment, please bring a notification slip or pass list.

It is essential that you provide original documentation where possible; if unavailable, we can accept photocopies that have been stamped and signed by the awarding institution or body.

If you have any questions regarding your qualifications, please contact the Admissions Office on +44 (0)1920 443500 for UG students or by email to the programme administrator who has been dealing with your application.

You will not be enrolled, temporarily or otherwise, if you cannot provide satisfactory documentary evidence establishing your identity, nationality and, where applicable, immigration status.

If you are given temporary enrolment status please be aware that:

Temporary-enrolled students CAN:

  • attend lectures/ tutorials/supervisor meetings
  • access buildings
  • enter the library

Temporary-enrolled students CANNOT:

  • receive student finance/studentship related payments
  • have approval for oyster card application
  • borrow books
  • receive official letters

If you have not fully enrolled by the temporary enrolment deadline of 14th October then your registration with All Nations will be terminated and we will inform the appropriate bodies of this, including the UKVI, and Student Finance. 

At the start of every subsequent year or academic session you will also need to re-enrol. This will be through completion of the Enrolment Form which will either be sent to you or available at the returners’ enrolment session.


Latest News

  • 'Taste & See' Online

    4th September 2020
  • 'Taste & See' Online

    10th October 2020
  • Enquirers' Day

    26th October 2020